Friday, August 29, 2008

Jennay's: (LAURA'S S'MORES)

We have a crab feast to go to this weekend. Sigh, I know, another one. Poor me. Once I get started eating crabs I don't stop until I'm bursting. Have to have, yet again, cider vinegar and Old bay for dipping. I just can't stand how I smell after I'm through though. Lasts for hours. I tried lemon but it really doesn't work. Anyway, I'm bringing something S'mores-y and wanted to do something different. My teeny-tiny brain actually chugged out an idea! I haven't made them yet but I'm sure they'll be a snap and I'll post a picture later. I was going to call them Laura's Gourmet S'more's but that sounded a little too arrogant.

Laura's S'more's:

Ingredients:

Chocolate dessert cups (small)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup butter
2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs
1 Tbsp. whipping cream
1/2 to 1 cup small marshmallows
Marshmallow whipped topping (optional)

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan, boil the sugar, whipping cream, and butter for 10 minutes and then remove from heat.
2. Add in graham cracker crumbs mix well to combine. If too crumbly, add 1Tbsp. cream to combine.
3. Let cookie mixture sit in the saucepan until cool enough cool to handle then drop onto greased waxed paper.
4. Start to shape into small balls (make sure to do this while the mixture is still slightly warm or they will be harder to shape AND taking note of the size of the chocolate cup too) around a small marshmallow; sealing well.
5. Chill in the refrigerator.
6. Place chilled balls in chocolate cups.
7. (Optional) Top with a small spoonful of marshmallow whipped topping.

I got the no-bake cookie idea from, again, Recipezaar so I "borrowed again" (thank you KITTENCAL with recipe #76337 ). I saw the chocolate dessert cups in Chesapeake Gourmet (sorry the link is shitty right now) and thought "what could I do with those cute little things?". I hope they turn out alright and will post a success or failure soon.

No comments: