Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Isn't she lovely?

When Bob and I were looking around the antique store in Flint Hill I spotted this and immediately fell in love with it. I wanted to call her The Spirit(s) Faery but she's actually, I think, The Beer Faery. The poster is a copy of a lithograph advertising beer for The Globe Beer Company in Baltimore Maryland. I Googled Globe Beer Company and found informative but somewhat sporadic information about it. I did find out that there was a pub affliated with the beer company in Baltimore but it closed in 2004.

Anyway, she's going to hang on our kitchen wall after I get her properly framed. Right now she's lightly, uh-hum, taped on the back, to the wall. I know. Bob was a little horrified too. I have a bad habit of not being able to wait patiently for things.

No comments: