Friday, March 20, 2009

Mrs. Weeks goes to Chestertown

Today was my very first time I ordered anything from Rita's and I saved myself for the first day of Spring. I felt like a bride on her wedding day. Lisa, my sister-in-law, convinced me early this morning that today was the day to finally order from Rita's because they were giving away free Italian Ice in honor of the first day of Spring. So, we made plans to meet and travel to Chestertown to experience my unflowering together. It was more chilly outside than what I would've liked but taking advantage of something free amongst other like-minded people who were there for the same purpose made me feel very Patriotic in a weird way.

Going back home along Rt. 213 towards Centreville is a new curiosity which strikingly looks like, dare I say it, a baby vineyard. Now that Spring has arrived, it has given me new energy about food, gardening, and meeting new people so visiting the "baby vineyard" is definitely marked on my Spring "to do" list. In the meanwhile, I'll just park on the side of the road and take a few pictures of it until I finally gather the courage to drive down to lane and say hi.

No comments: