Friday, October 3, 2008

Recycle Day: (APPLE BREAD FRENCH TOAST)

Desire: I wish I knew how to type so that my thoughts could keep up with my fingers.

Goal: I'm going to find a program, or something, so I can learn.

Ah. Now I feel better. I would like to be able to look at the screen as I'm typing. That would be great. I'm VERY anal retentive about certain things and miss-spelling is one of those things. I'll lose my train of thought if I see a miss-spelled word. I hate losing my train of thought. Onward to recycling my Apple Chunk Bread.


I couldn't put Kevin through one more grilled ham and cheese on Apple Chunk Bread. Even though I thought it was a fabulous idea I couldn't make him eat any more this week. I think he had three or four. My husband says that I can beat a dead horse until it's alive again (CPR) so no more beating horses. The bread was getting stale anyway so I thought making french toast was a good alternative.

I whisked 2 eggs and a healthy splash of milk with a fork in a shallow pasta bowl. I then sliced the already stale bread into 1 1/2 inch slices. I'm being a bit bass ackword here but I had a morning school bus to compete against for time and did things as I thought of them. Alton Brown (whom I LOVE) had a great episode on french toast, if you're interested, and you'd see why I feel bass ackword.

I dipped each side for a healthy, one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two, one-thousand-three, kind of timing. I grilled each side in a non-stick pan that had been preheated on medium heat and sprayed lightly with oil. Kevin tore them up along with his maple sausages. Success!

No comments: